Very happily from today we moved to second stage of weaning from single veg/fruit purees to huge range of new food. Not sure for M but mama is very excited to explore and prepare all those combinations of food she is allowed to add to her diet. I’m so interested in creating healthy balanced meals for my daughter, I do know that there are so many children’s cook books but at the moment I will use them to inspired myself and try to create my own little dishes. In the end it is all about passion. Hope I will inspire you too.
According to well known weaning experts at this stage I’m going to introduce following food: red meat, chicken, fish, eggs, dairy products, fruit and vegetables (those not yet introduced), grains and cereals, nuts and seeds. How exciting so much to explore 😉
Today I made Apple, Pear and Banana Puree with fresh Yogurt (without any additives) – recipe below.
Apple, Pear, Banana Puree with Yogurt
- Half of each apple, pear and banana
- one tbsp of fresh yogurt
- Cut apple and pear into small pieces.
- Cook in saucepan with 10 tbsp of water until bubbling. Stir, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 mins.
- Once soft, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Peel and slice half of banana.
- Blend with food processor or hand blender until runny and smooth.
- In the cup add one tbsp of yogurt and topped with puree.
Please note, do inform yourself about weaning from well known experts and their books before you start offering any new food it is vital to have general knowledge about each stage of weaning. Also, be patient, smile and make enjoyable meal time.