Say cheese! Our cauliflower and parsnip cheese is sure to bring smile or two 🙂 We definitely need some smiles around as we were feeling poorly past few days. Luckily it seems we are feeling better and getting back on truck with our little dishes. Today we made cauliflower and parsnip cheese (recipe below).This puree can be offered with baby pasta, delicious!
Cauliflower & Parsnip Cheese
- 150g cauliflower florets
- one medium size parsnip
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 levels tsp unsalted butter
- 150ml full fat cow’s milk
- 20g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 20g leerdammer cheese, finely grated (or pretty much any other hard cheese)
*makes 4-7 portions
*suitable for freezing
*suitable from 6 months
*Prep time 10 minutes
*Cooking 20-30 minutes
- Wash cauliflower
- Peel parsnip and steam together with cauliflower for 8-10 minutes until soft. Cool slightly.
- Make white sauce by mixing butter, flour and milk (same method of making like for Bechamel sauce)
- When white sauce is ready stir in grated cheese and cool slightly.
- Blend cauliflower, parsnip and sauce with food processor or hand blender until smooth and add more milk if you need.