So here we are, our first proteins, we started with chicken. Slowly soon after I will introduce fish, lean meat, pulses (chickpeas, beans) diary products ( already introduced yogurt) and eggs. Proteins are such important element of baby’s diet and essential for her/his development. My first protein dish is simple to make and super delicious. 😉
Chicken, Sweet Corn & Broccoli
- one chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 80g of sweet corn (I use frozen one)
- 4 medium sized broccoli florets
- 1 tsp of dry thyme
- 2tsp of sunflower oil
- one small cube of unsalted butter
*makes 3-4 portions
*suitable for freezing
*suitable from 6 months
*Prep time 8 minutes
*Cooking 20-30 minutes
- Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes (safe steaming water for later blending).
- Heat oil in saucepan (ideally non-stick one) add chicken cubes stir for 4-6 minutes, stir in thyme and continue to cook, stirring. Stir in butter and sweet corn, continue to cook until everything is tender and cooked through.
- Puree chicken, sweet corn and broccoli in food processor or place in bowl and use hand blender.
- If required add little bit of broccoli steaming water and blend again for more smooth puree.