First protein food Mia had it was fish and mostly I cook fish balancing with other proteins (or trying to have balance). Reason I really love fish and considering that fish contain all 9 amino acids which means that fish is one of the few sources of complete protein.
Today we made Cod in White Mushroom Sauce (recipe below). Mushrooms are new ingredient I have introduced to Mia for first time and so far she liked it. I made it together with cream and herbs.
Cod with White mushroom Sauce
- 90g cod fillet
- 150g chestnut mushrooms washed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp of dry / fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dry tarragon
- 1tsp of sunflower oil
- 100ml of double cream
- broccoli florets
*makes 3-4 portions
*suitable for freezing
*suitable from 7 months
*Prep time 10 minutes
*Cooking 20-30 minutes
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms, stir until they are nice and soft.
- Add parsley, tarragon and cream; bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until soft and pulpy.
- Steam broccoli for 6-8 minutes
- Heat oil in saucepan (ideally non-stick one) place cod fillet skin down touching the hot pan, and cook the fish until starting to get brown and crispy.
- Once the fish starting to crispy flip the fish and continue to cook the fish 4-5 minutes.
- Cool cod for about 10 minutes than chop by hand and all together (fish, broccoli and mushroom sauce) puree in food processor or place in bowl and use hand blender.
- Blend all together.
- For older babies choped fish by hand to desired consistency and broccoli offer like finger food.
*you also can cook cod in oven by wrapping in aluminium foil with few drops sunflower of oil about 20-25 minutes on 180°C.