We are approaching our few last single veggie/fruit purees and I have to say I’m so glad 🙂 honestly I’m getting bored in fact I cannot wait to move to next weaning ”level” and to start offering proteins & dairy products. It has been journey and still it continues. We had good and bad days but overall I’m happy mama until this point – may it continue 🙂 (I noticed M is more keen to veggies).
Here I share my recipes as usually 😉
- one ripe banana (ensure it has no green patches)
- Peel and slice banana
- Simply mash slices in bowl with a fork
- 100g cauliflower florets
- warm boiled water (or your baby usual milk)
- Wash and halve florets
- Steam for 10-13 mins until soft
- Cool slightly, add 3 tbsp of water or milk and blend with food processor or hand blender until runny and smooth. Add more liquid if you need.
- 50g spinach (or about half a bag)
- cooled boiled water (or your baby usual milk)
- Wash spinach and cook in a saucepan with a splash of water for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Cool slightly, then blend with a food processor or hand blender until smooth.
- Add some of the water or milk if needed.
I mentioned in my last post that M is desperate to take spoon and feed herself so I let her few times. Guess she loves it. It is called led weaning – letting your baby to feed themselves right from the very start of the weaning process. Really it is all about being patient with your little one, in the end reward and benefits are huge.
Until my next post – I promise something new and big 😉