Through my weaning journey I noticed that it can take a while for babies to learn to like something. It is important to keep offering a range of foods – even the ones they’ve rejected outright in the past. Babies learn to like foods by becoming familiar with the taste, and sometimes, you might have to offer a food several times before your little one learns to like it. If it’s new, just getting them to look at it, feel it and smell it will help. When it becomes more familiar, they really will eat it!
When I first time offered Mia boiled carrots she rejected, but I kept offering. She is still not so keen but she eats (stick or two). Today we made Little Green Soup – recipe below.
Little Green Soup
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium courgette
- 100g broccoli florets
- 50g frozen peas
*makes 3-4 portions
*suitable for freezing
*suitable from 6 months
*Prep time 10 minutes
*Cooking 10-15 minutes
- Wash and peel potato, wash courgette
- Cut them in small dice-sized cubes
- Boil potato 12-15 minutes
- Wash broccoli
- Steam courgette, broccoli and peas 10-13 minutes
- Cool slightly, keep steaming water for blending
- Blend with food processor or hand blender until runny and smooth, add more liquid if you need.
- Sprinkle with cheese and/or boiled few sticks of carrot and offer like finger food.