While making and planning every new meal for my baby M I found breakfast most uninspiring when it comes to variety of ideas what to offer. While we are moving through weaning stages and baby M has her first finger food I try to introduce more varieties for breakfast rather than just a porridge. I made this super easy pure fruit spread with banana, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and she loves it. I offer her spoon-feed and also on toast. It is such delight for baby to engage her little fingers and feed herself. Best offer fresh, generally with all fruit purees I make just for one or two days not big amounts – recipe below 😉
Pure Fruit Spread on Toast
- 3 medium size strawberries
- 4-5 raspberries
- 6-7 blueberries
- one ripe banana
*makes 2 portions
- Wash strawberries and cut in halfs
- Wash raspberries and blueberries
- Peel and slice banana.
- Blend strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and banana with food processor or hand blender until smooth.
- Most delicious served straightaway not until freezing.
* offer pure fruit spread on toast or spoon-feed.