Hello everyone hope you had awesome Monday and liked our last post 😉 We are continuing making those cute vegetable and fruits finger puppets ( I promise it is such fun for babies) as well as fresh purees. After carrot we rolled up our sleeves and make our first fruit puree – apple.
- 1 medium eating apple (soft apples will cook more quickly than crisp ones)
- cooled boiled water
- Peel, core and cut apple into small pieces
- Cook in saucepan with 5 – 7 tbsp of water until bubbling. Stir, reduce heat and cover. Or follow instruction and do in baby steamer (if you got one).
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally for 10-15 mins.
- Once soft, remove from heat and cool slightly, then add 4-5 tbsp of the water (or baby’s milk).
- Blend with food processor or hand blender until runny and smooth. Add more liquid if you need.
Check food isn’t too hot before feeding by testing the temperature on the inside of your wrist. It should be served at body temperature – so it shouldn’t feel either hot or cold on your skin.