We are in full swing of creating, testing and liking new recipes. I’m really enjoying it, specially now when I am allowed to introduce more varieties. At the moment I’m focused to offer more finger food balancing six major food groups. More about this in next posts.
Today, I share my new recipe Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato (recipe below).
Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato
- 200g chopped chicken filet steak into cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and sliced
- 100g of baby plum tomatoes cut into halfs
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- broccoli florest 3 to 4
- 1 tsp of dry / fresh parsley
- 2tsp of sunflower oil
- one small cube of unsalted butter
- 200-250ml of water
*makes 3-4 portions
*suitable for freezing
*suitable from 6 months
*Prep time 10 minutes
*Cooking 20-25 minutes
- Heat oil in saucepan (ideally non-stick one) add onions, gently stirring for 3 minutes; stir for about 50 seconds.
- Add chicken stirring until browned all over.
- Add baby plum tomatoes, broccoli and parsley, pour over water.
- Bring to the boil, stir, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Cook until meat is nice and tender, towards end add butter and little more water if necessary.
- In meantime roast sweet potato for about 20 minutes until soft and crispy.
- Cool all for about 15 minutes than puree in food processor or place in bowl and use hand blender.
- For older babies choped by hand to desired consistency.
- Or you can offer few slices of sweet potato and broccoli as a finger food.