Getting toddlers and children to eat healthy can be every parents worst nightmare. All children go through ‘stages’ will eat/won’t eat. In my career I have worked with some very fussy eaters; through my experience I learnt that battle is won from weaning and during that first crucial year. By ‘building blocks’ of tastes from very beginning we will make great start. My recipe for today (baby M’s dinner is Mackerel, Potato and French Beans – recipe below) 😉
Mackerel, Potato and French Beans
- 90g mackerel fillet
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 200g of french beans cut into half
- 1 tsp of dry / fresh dill
- 1tsp of sunflower oil
*makes 3-4 portions
*suitable for freezing
*suitable from 6 months
*Prep time 10 minutes
*Cooking 20-30 minutes
- Add potato into boiling water and boil for 15-17 minutes
- Steam french beans for 10-12 minutes
- Heat oil in saucepan (ideally non-stick one) place mackerel fillet skin down touching the hot pan, and cook the fish until starting to get brown and crispy.
- Once the fish starting to crispy flip the fish and continue to cook the fish 4-5 minutes.
- Cool mackerel for about 10 minutes than chop by hand and all together (fish, potato, french beans and dill) puree in food processor or place in bowl and use hand blender.
- For older babies choped by hand to desired consistency.