An important part of the weaning is learning your baby how to chew. I noticed that M gets a bit fussy (or should I say lazy) when I offer food that requires tiny effort of chewing. Like ”not again mama I want puree”. While we might get terrified that our babies will choke if we offer food containing lumps and chunks, they definitely do need to be added to your baby’s diet – and the sooner the better.
Today we have tomatoes (recipe below), I haven’t offer much tomatoes until now it turned super delicious. Please don’t forget to consider possible allergies before offering any new food to your baby.
Roasted Tomatoes with Goat Cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp goat cheese
*makes 1-2 portions
*suitable from 6 months
*Prep time 10 minutes
*Cooking 20-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, gas mark 2.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper, arrange the tomato slices on the tray.
- Slow roast for 30 minutes until caramelised.
- Cool tomatoes for about 10 minutes than all together (tomatoes, cheese and basil) puree in food processor or place in bowl and use hand blender.
- For older babies chopped by hand to desired consistency.
- I served this with little slice of brown bread, guaranty your baby will super excited 😉