I read somewhere ”If you show lots of enthusiasm for a new food, it is more likely they will too!” This is very true. Weaning seems to be long journey with lot’s of ups and downs but if you are patient and dedicated to each new meal than you and your baby should benefit the best from weaning, and that is healthy eating habits that will follow your little one through the life. Today we made Baby Chicken Stew – recipe below.
Baby Chicken Stew
- 200g chopped chicken filet steak into cubes
- 1 medium red pepper clised
- 100g of baby plum tomatoes cut into halfs
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp of dry / fresh parsley
- 2tsp of sunflower oil
- one small cube of unsalted butter
- 200-250ml of water
*makes 3-4 portions
*suitable for freezing
*suitable from 6 months
*Prep time 10 minutes
*Cooking 20-25 minutes
- Heat oil in saucepan (ideally non-stick one) add onions, gently stirring for 3 minutes; add garlic and stir for about 50 seconds.
- Add chicken stirring until browned all over.
- Add baby plum tomatoes, pepper and parsley, pour over water.
- Bring to the boil, stir, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Cook until meat is nice and tender, towards end add butter and little more water if necessary.
- Cool for about 15 minutes than puree in food processor or place in bowl and use hand blender.
- For older babies choped by hand to desired consistency.